Are you struggling to manage everything going on in your life? Do you feel like you're just not able to say no to people? Are you stuck in relationships and cycles that don't serve you anymore? Have you had painful experiences in your past that seem to keep popping up and affecting you currently?
I'm Chelsea, a mental health therapist who struggled with the same issues. I was someone taking on the stress of everyone around me and I had many traumatic experiences from my past that I tried to forget, but they just kept coming back to haunt me. At my breaking point, I decided to reach out to a counselor, which saved my life. Let's put the puzzle pieces of your life back together so you can finally make sense of it all. Together, we'll dig deep to work through the things that feel dark and I'll support you in discovering meaningful coping skills, uncovering the values that are important to you, and learning to hold boundaries that keep you safe.
You don't have to struggle alone. Reach out today to schedule a free 15-minute phone or video consultation with me to learn how you can take back control of your life and live more authentically to the person you want to be, not who others expect you to be.
Who I Work With
I serve people of all genders, ages 18 and up, and specialize in working with people who identify as:
- highly sensitive/attuned
- having ADHD
- having sensory processing disorder
- as having experienced complex trauma;
- or an intersection of all of these.
How I Work
I believe that every person is unique and can benefit from a multitude of ways to heal - whether it be through traditional therapeutic methods or otherwise. I often operate from a Relational Cultural theoretical background - I believe that connection with others, access to resources, and expression of the self through art, craft, movement, activism, or otherwise, are key tenants in wellness.
Though the techniques and processes I use to work with you will depend on your individual needs, I tend to use:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: utilizing the values we hold important to guide our decisions
- Motivational Interviewing: figuring out what motivates you to make a change, whether it be big or small
- Polyvagal Theory: exploring ways to soothe and calm the nervous system in order to regulate emotion
- Person-Centered Focus: facilitating your self-growth, while encouraging openness to new experiences
- Mindfulness Techniques: learning to accept and sit with our emotions while becoming more aware of the present
- Expressive and Creative Arts: utilizing creativity and expression to work through past and current issues (i.e. poetry, collage, dance, music, dreamwork, movement, craft, art, etc.)
- Eco-Therapy: the integration of the natural environment as a catalyst for healing
- Internal Family Systems: addressing our sub-personalities or "parts" in relation to our true "Self"
- Sand Tray Therapy - using miniatures and sand to gain emotional insight
What It Costs
Depending on your needs and availability, you and I will determine together how frequently we meet. Some folks like to meet every week, while others prefer to meet every other. Session fees are as follows:
- Initial Intake Evaluation, 60 mins. - $150 (required as first session)
- Individual Psychotherapy Session, 53 mins. - $120
- Extended Individual Psychotherapy Session, 90 mins. - $180
- Eco-Therapy Session, 75 mins. - $150
- Gender Consultation (including meeting and letter) - $150
*Please note that I do offer a limited number of sliding scale spots for clients. Contact me to discuss availability and rates.*
I am a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counseling Associate (#A16334) in the state of North Carolina and a Nationally Certified Counselor (ID# 1547272) endorsed by the National Board for Certified Counselors. I am also a member of the North Carolina Counseling Association (ID# 93715), and a graduate of the Master of Science Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Western Carolina University. I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, with a minor in Religious Studies, from Virginia Commonwealth University.
I have been working in the fields of mental health and wellness since 2010 with people of all ages, backgrounds, and reasons for wanting to improve their mental health. I have worked in a variety of settings - ranging from schools, acute-crisis settings, hospitals, jails, community/street-work, and in-home. I also have specialized training in working with folks who have experienced human trafficking, domestic violence, incarceration, adoption, or religious trauma. I am trained in writing referral letters for Gender-Affirming Medical Care and have recently been certified as an End-Of-Life Doula through End of Life Psychedelic Care organization.
Ready to invest in what YOU need?
Call or e-mail me to schedule a free 15-minute phone/video consultation and see if you feel we would be a good fit.
"The whole cosmos has come together to produce us, we carry the whole world inside us. That is why, to accept yourself and love yourself is an expression of gratitude. "
- Thích Nhất Hạnh